A chemical peel is a popular cosmetic procedure that can improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. The peel uses a chemical solution to cause the skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin usually has a smoother texture and fewer wrinkles. Chemical peels are usually safe and have few side effects. However, it is important to choose a reputable Esthetician who has experience performing the procedure. The Esthetician will also need to select the right type of chemical peel for your skin type. With the right Esthetician and treatment plan, you can achieve beautiful, healthy skin.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
1. IT IMPROVES THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR SKINCARE PRODUCTS
During a chemical peel, an esthetician or dermatologist will apply chemical solutions to your skin. After a while, they will remove it, lift dull skin cells with it, immediately brightening your appearance. Now that you have shed the topmost layer of your skin, it will trigger your body’s healing response, prompting the production of new skin cells. It will also produce more collagen, improving skin texture and elasticity. You will enjoy younger, softer, and more radiant skin that is much more receptive to skincare products, making it easier to maintain healthy, glowing skin.
2. IT EXFOLIATES YOUR SKIN
Chemical peels usually include a chemical solution, Like glycolic or salicylic acid, creating a controlled wound. It allows the peel to penetrate more deeply into your skin and encourages new skin to grow and replace old skin, improving skin tone and texture. Since it also removes dead skin cells, it infuses your skin with healing ingredients that help it look brighter and softer.
3. IT LIGHTENS PIGMENTATION PROBLEMS
Many people struggle with stubborn dark spots on their faces that refuse to go away even with various skincare routines. Although hyper-pigmentation is normal, it can sometimes worsen if you suffer from another condition. Luckily, a mild chemical peel can lighten sun spots, freckles, and other kinds of dark spots.
4. IT SMOOTHES FINE LINES
There are many different types of chemical peels available, allowing you to choose what suits your skin type most. Deep Chemical peels are excellent for treating deep scars, wrinkles, and reducing the appearance of fine lines. If you have moderate lines, you can opt for a medium peel instead, which is also effective. One session is often enough to provide noticeable results, although you’ll need six to 12 months in between deep peels.
5. IT REDUCES ACNE MARKS
Chemical peels are popularly used to treat acne breakouts and reduce scarring, which is often the main skin problem experienced by many. Since the treatment unclogs pores and clears the skin of blackheads, it also deposits healing substances into the skin that lightens acne marks and helps them completely heal.
Other benefits include:
- Aids and Treats Acne: A peel is basically like giving your face a really deep clean, which will help to get rid of any leftover dirt or oil that might be clogging your pores. In turn, this can reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Reduces the Problems That Come With Pores: A big concern for many people, who feel like they have large pores, is that they’ll never go away. A peel can help remove the outer, and sometimes damaged, layer of skin, which will cause pores to look smaller than before.
- Clears Lines and Wrinkles: The beauty of peel treatments is that they can reduce fine lines or wrinkles, sometimes permanently. A chemical peel can work its magic and remove those pesky deep lines.
- Balances Discoloration: There's no need to live with sunspots, discoloration and hyperpigmentation! A peel can help your skin look years younger.
- An Alternative to Facelifts: If you are tired of having droopy skin, then a peel might be the perfect solution. It’s one way to get an instant lift without going under anesthesia or investing as much time and money.
- Fades Scars: Whether it be from acne or any other reason, scars can often seem permanent. However, if you go in for a chemical peel with your esthetician, then you can watch those scars fade.
- Evens Out Textures: Peels help to even out the texture of your face by reducing acne scarring, wrinkles, or other issues that might arise.
- Smooths Out Your Skin: With unparalleled skin-smoothing benefits, peels are a must for anyone who wants their face to be as beautiful and soft on the outside as it is inside.
Book Your Chemical Peel With Skin Glow Today!
At Skin Glow, we offer a variety of chemical peels that can help improve the appearance of your skin. Whether you're looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or clear up acne, we can customize a peel to suit your needs. Chemical peels work by exfoliating the top layer of skin, revealing the smooth, healthy skin underneath.
Peels are also an excellent way to improve the overall texture and tone of your skin. If you're interested in seeing what a chemical peel can do for you, book an appointment with us today! We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you choose the right peel for your skin type